Franconia Sculpture Park Tour Program
Explore sculpture up close!
Artist Led Exhibition Tour
Participate in an artist-led tour of the ever-changing exhibition of 100+
sculptures. Tour guides encourage group discussion and facilitate active
participation and critical thinking from visitors.
• Anytime April 22 through November 8
• Guided tours are for groups of 10 or more. Smaller groups are welcome to join Free Sunday Tours at 2pm
• $3 per participant for 60-minute Walking Tours
• $5 per participant for 90-minue Observe & Interpret tours that
include an art making activity in conjunction with a walking tour.
Complete our Tour Request Form to schedule your tour today!
Franconia welcomes all groups of any financial ability to participate
in guided tours. We offer Community Tour Grants to qualifying
organizations & schools. To receive guided tour fee assistance, please
fill out all sections of the Tour Request Form, which will include
information on the population that your organization serves.
All Tours Include
• Guided-tours take participants throughout the 43-acre sculpture exhibition.
• Participants are encouraged to interact with the large-scale sculpture to learn about materials, concepts, aesthetics, and techniques.
• Tours include a visit to the outdoor studio to learn about works-in-progress and the creative process from Franconia's artists-in-residence.
• Tour guides provide catered tour content to accommodate the group's age and specific learning objectives.
Group Leader Information
• We ask that groups bring 1 adult chaperone per every 20, K-12 students. Chaperones are not charged a fee for participation.
• The maximum number of participants Franconia can accommodate at one time is 120. If you have a larger group, please contact Franconia staff to inquire about accommodations.
• We maintain a ration of 1 tour guide per 20 participants. Groups of 20 or more will be divided between guides.
• For the safety of visitors and the preservation of the artwork, climbing on sculptures is prohibited, but many of the works on exhibit offer opportunity for touch and interaction.
• Photography is permitted
Location & Site Information
• The entire tour is outdoors. Please wear seasonally appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
• There are 3 public restrooms onsite, however there is no public drinking fountain. There is bottled water for sale.
• We offer several picnic tables at the park. Bring a lunch or snack for before or after your tour.
• Franconia Sculpture Park is accessible to all. There are 2 golf carts available for those who need assistance touring the exhibition. If anyone in your group has special needs, let Franconia staff know and we will be happy to make accommodations.
Cancellations, Delays, or Rescheduling
Franconia provides tours rain or shine! Please call (651) 257-6668 or email email@example.com to reschedule your tour or notify us of a delay in your arrival. In the event of severe weather conditions, we will contact you to reschedule your tour.
Rural Arts Program
If you work for a youth serving organization in Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine counties in Minnesota, you are eligible for a free guided-tour and art making activity this September and October. Please head to the RAP website for details and to sign your organization up for this arts learning opportunity.
Free Guided-Tours Every Sunday
May 3 through October 25
Tours being at 2pm each Sunday
Learn about the 100+ sculptures and the working artists at Franconia by participating in an hour-long guided tour that explores the 43-acre sculpture park.
• Meet your tour guide at the silver information center near the parking lot.
• Visit with Franconia's artists-in-residence at the outdoor studio and learn about works-in-progress.
• Discover the ideas, concepts, themes, and processes of the work with behind-the-scenes information from your guide.
• Donations are welcome and encouraged to help sustain Franconia's Tour Program.
This activity is funded, in part, through a grant from the East Central Regional Arts Council thanks to an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund.
Franconia is open from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year for self-guided tours.
• Start in the Information Center to learn about Franconia’s history, programs, and upcoming events.
• Read the posted signs at each sculpture to find out who made it, where they are from, out of what, and when!
• Visit the outdoor studio and talk with the artists about what they are creating. Feel free to ask, “what are you making?!”
• Check out our online activities. Print out a scavenger hunt or sculpture crossword puzzle and bring it with on your visit.
The grounds are flat with gravel trails and mowed paths. All trails are
passable by electrically powered chairs, but some trails are strenuous
for manual chairs. We offer accessible parking and restroom facilities.
We also have 2 golf carts available for those who require mobility
assistance touring the exhibition. Please call (651) 257-6668 or
firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a golf-cart for your visit.